Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Claudia Mielinski

Claudia has been a customer of Whistlepig's for years, and boy does she have a story to tell! This amazing women has had some ups and downs with the quilting world but a love of fabric has kept bringing her back! The bag Claudia was wearing at Market is the E-Cozy Carrier! " It is the perfect size for a wallet, keys, cards and cell phone. We sell the pattern to ladies for bags to use on a cruise too! Even with all the essentials I still had plenty of room for my Nook, Claudia says."


Claudia has a shop, Accent on Quilting, that is about 14 months old and they have already moved into a larger location! They are located in Orange City, Florida just off of Interstate-4 between Daytona Beach and Orlando. If you are in the area you have to stop by! They are a full service quilt shop carrying 3000 bolts of fabric, notions, books, pattern and gift items, plus they have classes and long arm services! 


"Accent On Quilting grew out of a love of fabric.  I had a shop in Pass Christian, MS that was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. My husband and I stuck it out in MS for about 6 months, then moved to Central Florida.  It took me a while but I just could not stay away from the quilting business. Retirement is not for me! So, I started a website. In about a year I ran out of space in the house and starting looking for a warehouse space.  I found a retail space that was wonderful (and cheaper). Ever get the feeling you are being pushed by 'the big guy upstairs?' Ya just can't say 'no.' So, the physical shop was opened and we have been doing great ever since." - Claudia Mielinski



Thanks Claudia for the wonderful photos ans story! If I ever find myself in Florida, I am stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment